Event console in Zenoss 4 sometimes does not respond
jcurry
2012-11-28 12:47:51 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Event console in Zenoss 4 sometimes does not respond"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70196#70196

Zenoss Core 4.2 with fixpack 1.

Sometimes you can select events in the console (any version of the console) and then clicking the Close or Acknowledge button seems to do nothing.  I think I see this more when I have selected multiple events rather than single ones.  If you do a browser refresh, it always seem to then work after the first select/close cycle but it may then revert to ignoring your clicks.  Other times it works well - it's quirky.

I have seen it on Firefox, Chrome and IE.

Has anyone else seen this before I open a ticket?
Cheers,
Jane

Chet Luther
2012-12-01 03:55:36 UTC
Chet Luther [http://community.zenoss.org/people/cluther] created the discussion

"Re: Event console in Zenoss 4 sometimes does not respond"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70251#70251

A lot of people seem to have run into this in various forms. I think one of the following defects matches what you're seeing. If so, update it instead of opening a new one.

http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-2350 ZEN-2350: event console, not able to close events
http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-4441 ZEN-4441: Event console doesn't clear after select all
http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-4443 ZEN-4443: Race condition in clearing events
http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-4444 ZEN-4444: Heisenbug: Event Console loses track of selected events

nilie
2012-12-06 17:42:14 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: Event console in Zenoss 4 sometimes does not respond"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70404#70404

I'm being plagued by something similar. Very often, the event console becomes unresponsive, sometimes from the beginning when I access it the first time after login. When this happen, only two buttons seem to be working, the one for adding an event (but the subsequent window has no accept-cancel buttons) and the refresh button but the rest of the menus are fine. I also noticed that even though there are a lot of events displayed, in the down right corner a message says "DISPLAYING 1" and shows no total number of events. From time to time, a click on the refresh button of my Internet browser will make it responsive again. In my case, it doesn't seem to be related to any action I perform on events.

nilie
2013-01-07 19:44:11 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: Event console in Zenoss 4 sometimes does not respond"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70851#70851

OK, now the event console has become permanently unresponsive. It's quite annoying because I can't do any filtering at all. None of the above mentioned bugs seems to apply to me. I can select and clear events individually or a few at the time with control+shift but that is all.

mikeC79
2013-04-11 13:49:08 UTC
mikeC79 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikeC79] created the discussion

"Re: Event console in Zenoss 4 sometimes does not respond"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72775#72775

I too am having this problem. I can usually clear single events without issue, but when shift clicking multiple events it will only ocasaionally work,  I am running Zenoss 4.2.3 and using Safari.

rtelford
2013-04-13 05:07:07 UTC
rtelford [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rtelford] created the discussion

"Re: Event console in Zenoss 4 sometimes does not respond"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72813#72813

I can +1 this problem. Generally I need to logout and log back in for things to become responsive again.

I an also confirm that I mainly see this when selecting multiple events.

Interestingly, there are 220 python classes with "event" or "zep" in their name.

Thanks,
Rod.