New server, mysql zenpack won't install
xlancealot
2012-02-08 21:12:41 UTC
xlancealot [http://community.zenoss.org/people/xlancealot] created the discussion

"New server, mysql zenpack won't install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64381#64381

ok had to move servers from a local to an amazon aws instance, and have all my devices added, the apache zenpack installed, working, graphing, even the memcache one working as it should.  The last part is the mysql monitor as I have 15+ mysql box's.  The old local was a basic zenpack install, this new server doesn't give an error, on zenpack install it just reloads the page and no zenpack there.

I tried looking in the log files but not sure which get's written to as I was going to follow that log, but nothing.  So this is the newests version on a 64bit AWS instance, and I tried the mysql 64bit, the ODBC one, and all the same results.  I had the original install one from the other server local here., ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.1.3-py2.6.egg but they all do the same.

So I guess my 1st is what log(s) do I look for, post, etc. to figure why this zenpack won't install?

Tnx

dpetzel
2012-02-08 22:55:06 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: New server, mysql zenpack won't install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64396#64396

I would try installing the ZenPack from the command line, I'm not sure that is any persistent log data around a failed install, but I believe their might be an event generated in the event console which might have some data.
su - zenoss
cd /tmp
wget http://community.zenoss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3501-9-2905/ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.1.2-py2.6.egg.zip http://community.zenoss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3501-9-2905/ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.1.2-py2.6.egg.zip
unzip ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.1.2-py2.6.egg.zip
zenpack --install=ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.1.2-py2.6.egg
zenoss restart

xlancealot
2012-02-09 02:47:18 UTC
xlancealot [http://community.zenoss.org/people/xlancealot] created the discussion

"Re: New server, mysql zenpack won't install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64398#64398

cool, didn't know how to install via command line, but at least I see an
error (or a few).  Here is the install string;

http://community.zenoss.org/message/64398#64398#64398/***@s1-2 tmp Re: New server, mysql zenpack won't install$ zenpack
--install=ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.1.2-py2.6.egg
2012-02-09 02:44:39,925 INFO zen.ZPLoader: Loading
/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.1.3-py2.6.egg/ZenPacks/zenoss/MySqlMonitor/objects/objects.xml
2012-02-09 02:44:41,559 WARNING zen.AddToPack: Unable to find context path
/zport/dmd/Services/IpService/Registered/serviceclasses (line 1341 ?) for
mysql
2012-02-09 02:44:41,559 WARNING zen.AddToPack: Not committing any changes
2012-02-09 02:44:41,694 ERROR zen.ZenPackCmd: zenpack command failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/zenpack.py", line 406,
in
    zp.run()
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/zenpack.py", line 134,
in run
    previousVersion= self.options.previousVersion)
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/ZenPackCmd.py", line
249, in InstallEggAndZenPack
    forceRunExternal=forceRunExternal)
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/ZenPackCmd.py", line
424, in InstallDistAsZenPack
    zenPack.install(dmd)
  File
"/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.1.3-py2.6.egg/ZenPacks/zenoss/MySqlMonitor/__init__.py",
line 38, in install
    ZenPackBase.install(self, app)
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/ZenPack.py", line 251,
in install
    loader.load(self, app)
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/ZenPackLoader.py", line
99, in load
    importer.loadObjectFromXML(xmlfile=f)
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenRelations/ImportRM.py", line
458, in loadObjectFromXML
    parser.parse(self.infile)
  File
"/usr/local/zenoss/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py",
line 109, in parse
    xmlreader.IncrementalParser.parse(self, source)
  File
"/usr/local/zenoss/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/xmlreader.py",
line 123, in parse
    self.feed(buffer)
  File
"/usr/local/zenoss/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py",
line 216, in feed
    self._parser.Parse(data, isFinal)
  File
"/usr/local/zenoss/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py",
line 312, in start_element
    self._cont_handler.startElement(name, AttributesImpl(attrs))
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenRelations/ImportRM.py", line
152, in startElement
    'attributes:\n%s' % formattedAttrs)
Exception: Unable to create object using the following attributes:

* id: /zport/dmd/Services/IpService/Registered/serviceclasses/mysql

* module: Products.ZenModel.IpServiceClass

* class: IpServiceClass

Now, it seems to all stem from this error "2012-02-09 02:44:41,559 WARNING
zen.AddToPack: Unable to find context path
/zport/dmd/Services/IpService/Registered/serviceclasses (line 1341 ?) for
mysql", so if that's obvious to anyone, let me know as I will start
to search on that now.

xlancealot
2012-02-09 02:58:18 UTC
xlancealot [http://community.zenoss.org/people/xlancealot] created the discussion

"Re: New server, mysql zenpack won't install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64382#64382

I did notice 1 other thing, after restarting, I left work for the day, but checking now I do see an error in the events tab.  Getting the detailed info I see the following;

: Unable to create object using the following attributes: * id: /zport/dmd/Services/IpService/Registered/serviceclasses/mysql * module: Products.ZenModel.IpServiceClass * class: IpServiceClass

Again, not sure if it helps, but at least an error  :)

Tnx again

dpetzel
2012-02-09 03:10:14 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: New server, mysql zenpack won't install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64399#64399

Infrastructure --> IP Services
Do you see a "Registered" organizer in the upper left corner? If not maybe try creating it.

Additionally run the following from zendmd (To get to zendmd log into the CLI as the zenoss user and type 'zendmd')
  print org
Paste back that output

xlancealot
2012-02-09 03:28:57 UTC
xlancealot [http://community.zenoss.org/people/xlancealot] created the discussion

"Re: New server, mysql zenpack won't install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64383#64383

ok, I don't see that 'registered', screenshot attached here

As for hte zendmd command, another new tool!   Not sure if it's done correctly, but this is the output;   >>> for org in dmd.Services.IpService: print org ...  pack serviceclasses userCommands   Tnx again

dpetzel
2012-02-09 12:44:28 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: New server, mysql zenpack won't install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64410#64410

Yeah, so I'm pretty sure that is your problem. Here is what mine looks like:

See if you can create the missing organizers manually and try to re-install.

xlancealot
2012-02-09 14:08:26 UTC
xlancealot [http://community.zenoss.org/people/xlancealot] created the discussion

"Re: New server, mysql zenpack won't install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64425#64425

Thanks, wonder if something on the instsall etc. went bad, as I see you have 932 IPservices where I have 13!   Well I added the 2 by hand, restared and the install didn't complain;

***@s1-2 ~]$ zenpack --install=ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.1.3-py2.6.egg
[***@s1-2 ~]$ zeonss restart

Nothing there (under advanced/zenpacks).  I also noticed nothing got copied over to the ZenPack folder.   I also did get an error under the events tab after a few;

| Message: | : error: Not a URL, existing file, or requirement spec: '/home/zenoss/ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.1.3-py2.6.egg' |

The only thing above I notice is that path is not correct.  The install is in the /usr/local/zenoss folder, and the file is under /tmp.

Getting more fun  :)     tnx

dpetzel
2012-02-09 14:33:16 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: New server, mysql zenpack won't install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64427#64427

Yeah I'm not completly sure simply creating those organizers is all that is needed. I was hoping it might be, but Its possible something more involved is needed to properly re-create them (I am unsure about this).

Can you post the full output of the install.

Is it possible to wipe clean and start your install over again in case somethign has gone wrong?

xlancealot
2012-02-09 15:01:30 UTC
xlancealot [http://community.zenoss.org/people/xlancealot] created the discussion

"Re: New server, mysql zenpack won't install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64428#64428

The full output of the zenpack install, there was no output at all.   As you saw in the above post;
***@s1-2 ~]$ zenpack --install=ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.1.3-py2.6.egg
[***@s1-2 ~]$ zeonss restart

That was it.

As for wiping clean, not really.  I do have 2 options I could do.

1. I can image the existing aws instance, start it up, then do a wipe/install and see what happens.  I know there is a backup feature but if I remember, history, zenpacks, etc. are not included so I would need to re-do those, but if that's what I need, I will try it.

2. Can I either install over the existing (or will it wipe), and/or install in another location on another port?

Thanks again for all the help, defenitly learning a lot more on how things work, but still a lot to go!

dpetzel
2012-02-09 15:11:23 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: New server, mysql zenpack won't install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64430#64430

OK sorry, I had thought you just provided the commands you run, not the output (or lack there of). I've never seen NO output at all so I'm not to sure what to say on that one.

I'm not sure about installing over existing, I've never tried it, but my guess is it would wipe some amount of stuff.