Variable treshhold based on data points
tzel
2013-08-16 20:48:37 UTC
tzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tzel] created the discussion

"Variable treshhold based on data points"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74379#74379

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to make this but I cant seem to get this working.

I've created a datasource which runs a script on one of my remote servers, this script will return with 2 value's for example: Data |connections=160 maxconnections=2000.

Next i've created 2 datapoints named connections and maxconnections.

Now I would like to create a treshhold for when the connections have reached 90% of the maxconnections, is there anybody that can help me with this?

I've looked at the UsedBlocks treshhold, I understand the meaning of it but how should I add that in the treshhold based on the above datasource and datapoints.

Thanks in advance.

Rob Eagle
2013-08-17 12:01:22 UTC
Rob Eagle [http://community.zenoss.org/people/reagle] created the discussion

"Re: Variable treshhold based on data points"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74392#74392

tzel,
following post by Jane outlines the zenpack and usage to set the threshold based on a learned datapoint.
http://community.zenoss.org/message/74252#74252#74252 http://community.zenoss.org/message/74252#74252
--Rob