Can't get Zenoss to recognize an 'event class key'
Jeremy Wynia
2013-02-28 17:18:24 UTC
Jeremy Wynia [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Jeremy] created the discussion

"Re: Can't get Zenoss to recognize an 'event class key'"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72228#72228

I realize this is an older post, but I'm having a similar issue.  My events aren't falling into /Unknown and are correctly falling into an event class, but they are not being assigned an event class key, so I am not having to map them from the /Unknown class.  The event class is /Perf/Interface, and maybe the events in that class are not supposed to be assigned an event class key.  If that could be explained that would be great.  I have done some research and read through the pertinent info in Jane's paper, and all of the answers are for mapping an event out of the /Unknown class.  That is not the problem.  Maybe I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, or as mentioned, possibly events in /Perf are not assigned an event class key.

Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Also, my apologies if I should have started a new thread.

Thanks
Jeremy