Zenback not archiving
Nathan Harris
2012-01-19 09:16:43 UTC
Nathan Harris [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nathan.harris] created the discussion

"Zenback not archiving"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63779#63779

Dear all

I have a weird issue thats driving me crazy on Zenbackup, when I schedule the Zenbackup in crontab it starts to backup the system but appears to fail when it has to archive and compress + copy the compressed filr in to $ZENHOME\backups.

If I run it manually it runs with no issue at all running as zenoss user. This was working with no issues for weeks, but suddenly stopped :( I am having to take a manul backup evry day at the minute PLEASE help!

We are on version Zenoss 3.1.0

the crontab is set in the zenoss user and looks like this

[***@nlc19941 tmp]$ crontab -l
00 17 * * * /scripts/daily_backup_tidy >> /tmp/backup.log

the script to run the backup

#!/bin/sh
#
#Script to remove backups from /opt/zenoss/backups older than 2 days
export ZENHOME="/opt/zenoss"
export INSTANCE_HOME="/opt/zenoss"
export PATH="${ZENHOME}/bin:${PATH}"
export PYTHONPATH="/opt/zenoss/lib/python"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/zenoss/lib"
export BACKUP_DIR="/opt/zenoss/backups"
ZENHOME="/opt/zenoss"
#BACKP_DIR="$ZENHOME/backups"
DAYS_TO_RETAIN=2
/opt/zenoss/bin/zenbackup --save-mysql-access >> /tmp/backup.log
find /opt/zenoss/backups -maxdepth 1 -type f -ctime +$DAYS_TO_RETAIN -delete

/var/logs/cron shows

Jan 18 17:00:02 nlc19941 crond[29107]: (zenoss) CMD (/scripts/daily_backup_tidy >> /tmp/backup.log)

any idea where to look for errors? is there a perl error log? var/los/messages shows nothing interesting

hope you can help :((