Network Interfaces names and graphs
Roy Petersen
2012-05-02 21:42:44 UTC
Roy Petersen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rpetersen] created the discussion

"Network Interfaces names and graphs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66183#66183

I have a questions on how to get Zenoss to update the cisco interface names, port status and graphs.  We made some changes to the router interfaces and it's still seeing the old names and port status and no graph data shows up.  How do I get zenoss to re-discover the changes to the device without having to remove/readd it.

nilie
2012-05-02 22:56:20 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: Network Interfaces names and graphs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66184#66184

You may force a remodel of the device in question or wait several hours and Zenoss will do it anyway.

Roy Petersen
2012-05-02 23:06:14 UTC
Roy Petersen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rpetersen] created the discussion

"Re: Network Interfaces names and graphs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66185#66185

I'm assuming when you say force a remodel you are talking about, within the device, clicking on the little gear box at the bottom left corner and then clicking on "Model Device".  If so I already did that but it's not updating the information as expected.  It's also been several days since the change has been done and if the remodel happens automatically at certain intervals that should have already picked up the changes also.

kb8u
2012-05-03 20:14:48 UTC
kb8u [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kb8u] created the discussion

"Re: Network Interfaces names and graphs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66210#66210

Are you getting responses to SNMP from the device?  (You can test it under Commands -> snmpwalk).  If all graphs are blank after the change, you probably have an SNMP problem.  Maybe an access list was added that excludes zenoss?

Is zSnmpMonitorIgnore set on the device?  (Under configuration properties, it should be 'False')

Do you have the zenoss.snmp.InterfaceMap modeler plugin selected still?  (Maybe it's the zenoss.snmp.CiscoMap plugin, I can't remember off the top of my head).

Roy Petersen
2012-05-03 20:32:47 UTC
Roy Petersen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rpetersen] created the discussion

"Re: Network Interfaces names and graphs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66204#66204

snmp walks are functioning correctly.  I checked the other two items and they are still correct.