Graph script return via website
Axis
2013-04-10 17:39:12 UTC
Axis [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Axis] created the discussion

"Graph script return via website"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72768#72768

I'm trying to find a way to graph a number that is being returned from a perl script via a website. For instance, say I go to https://1.2.3.4/cgi-bin/checksize.pl https://1.2.3.4/cgi-bin/checksize.pl in my browser, it asks for a basic username/password and then prints out the size of a folder on the page in kilobytes i.e. 31222288. I just can't figure out how to graph it. Running 4.2.3

Thomas Pollet
2013-04-12 13:59:09 UTC
Thomas Pollet [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Thomax] created the discussion

"Re: Graph script return via website"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72798#72798

create a shell script that uses wget post to write the data to stdout.
Create a data source of the type "command"
Create a graph which uses the datasource.