Distributed setup questions
nikihutson
2012-12-04 19:12:47 UTC
nikihutson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nikihutson] created the discussion

"Distributed setup questions"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70327#70327

We are testing Zenoss 4.2 and have some questions about remote collectors and how best to accomplish what we are trying to do. We have 2 locations, our main location and a data center location. If we have our main Zenoss setup at corporate and a remote collector at the data center, what happens if the link goes down between the two? How do you recover from that kind of a situation? I've looked all over and haven't been able to find any documentation on this kind of scenario. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Google hasn't helped.

Thanks!

Niki

nikihutson
2012-12-10 20:19:03 UTC
nikihutson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nikihutson] created the discussion

"Re: Distributed setup questions"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70420#70420

Anyone?

Shane Scott
2012-12-11 17:19:11 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Distributed setup questions"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70462#70462

nikihutson:

You'll want to use Egors distributed collector pack to get started. In a case where the master gets seperated from teh collector the collector will continue to collect the devices it was before the outtage. Events generated at the collectors (like up/down, etc) will be cached in each daemons eventQueue, which by default is 5000. During a disconnect the master will report heartbeat failrues and changes to configuration won't propogate to the collector. Once the link comes back up the daemon eventQueues from the collector will be sent back to the master and processed and collectorcalls/invalidations from the master sent to the collector.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)