Autodeploy can't find RPM
themactech
2013-09-05 18:52:59 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Autodeploy can't find RPM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74579#74579

My autodeploy script is failing, showing a 404 error when trying to download the zenoss 4.2.4 RPM.

I have gone to the sourceforge folder and indeed the RPM does not appear there as listed in the path in the autodeploy script.

Am I doing something wrong or did the RPM move?

Manuel

themactech
2013-09-06 17:40:03 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: Autodeploy can't find RPM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74582#74582

Alright, here is what I did, since core-autodeploy.sh got me an error 404 when trying to download the 4.2.4 rpm, I went and manually downloaded this:

sourceforge.net/projects/zenoss/files/zenoss-4.2/zenoss-4.2.4/4.2.4-1897/zenoss_core-4.2.4-1897.el6.x86_64.rpm

moved it to the same folder as autodeploy and renamed it zenoss_core-4.2.4.el6.x86_64.rpm.

The autodeploy script worked and I had a functional zenoss

I then installed and ran ZenUp as per the instruction on :

http://wiki.zenoss.org/ZenUp http://wiki.zenoss.org/ZenUp

I now get this error when I try to log in to zenoss:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 126, in publish request, bind=1) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py", line 77, in mapply if debug is not None: return debug(object,args,context) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 46, in call_object result=apply(object,args) # Type s<cr> to step into published object. File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/patches/pasmonkey.py", line 153, in login pas_instance.updateCredentials(request, response, login, password) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/PluggableAuthService/PluggableAuthService.py", line 1100, in updateCredentials updater.updateCredentials(request, response, login, new_password) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/PluggableAuthService/plugins/SessionAuthHelper.py", line 102, in updateCredentials request.SESSION.set('__ac_name', login) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py", line 1379, in __getattr__ v = self.get(key, default, returnTaints=returnTaints) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py", line 1336, in get v = v() File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Sessions/SessionDataManager.py", line 101, in getSessionData return self._getSessionDataObject(key) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Sessions/SessionDataManager.py", line 188, in _getSessionDataObject ob = container.new_or_existing(key) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py", line 842, in new_or_existing self[key] = item File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py", line 454, in __setitem__ current_bucket = self._data[current_ts] KeyError: 1378459780

Is this because of me having to pull down another RPM or a ZenUp bug?

This is the reason I wanted to figure out how to manually install Zenoss, but everyone here told me to give it up and use autodeploy...

Manuel

davideveritt
2013-09-06 19:53:52 UTC
davideveritt [http://community.zenoss.org/people/davideveritt] created the discussion

"Re: Autodeploy can't find RPM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74584#74584

I'm having the same issue. Unable to download the rpm.

themactech
2013-09-06 20:05:38 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: Autodeploy can't find RPM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74573#74573

I just did it again from a VM and it worked, however the part where the RPM is downloaded is doing something different.  I am guessing something broke at their end and they just fixed it.  Would be nice if they confirmed that.

Manuel

Andrew Kirch
2013-09-10 19:33:16 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Autodeploy can't find RPM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74590#74590

Guys,

We released a new GA RPM which matches Core's build number with Commercial.  For those who are already on 4.2.4 and using Zenup installing the latest patch will bring you up to date, there is no need to install the new 4.2.4 RPM over the old one.