Alert problem
Patrick Ermer
2012-11-06 15:00:01 UTC
Patrick Ermer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/pt1xoom] created the discussion

"Alert problem"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69720#69720

Hello,

I am having problems with a custom monitoring template not throwing an alert in the event log, therefore I do not receive and email.  I am receiving emails from other events, but not from the custom datapoints.

So, under Monitoring Templates, under Devices/Server/Windows, I added the following WMI data source.

SELECT FreePhysicalMemory, TotalVisibleMemorySize from Win32_OperatingSystem.

The query is working, and when I go to Graphs under the any Windows device, I see the graph working.  I set up a threshould for 2 GB.  When the free memory goes below 2 GB, I do not get an alert, and nothing shows up in the event log.

Attached are screen shots of the graphs that are produced, and the threshold that I have set up.  The CPU graph is another example, and it is set up the same way.

Patrick Ermer
2012-11-07 21:29:26 UTC
Patrick Ermer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/pt1xoom] created the discussion

"Re: Alert problem"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69768#69768

I was able to find my own answer after chasing this for a few days.  It turns out that I was using an out of date Zenpack, ZenPacks.community.SQLDataSource version 2.2.  The ZenPack was updated to 2.4 which fixed this issue.

I updated the Zenpack to version 2.4, and now I am getting alerts.