Windows and Linux File Systems Thresholds
Shane McKinley
2012-02-06 20:48:23 UTC
Shane McKinley [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mckinleysh] created the discussion

"Windows and Linux File Systems Thresholds"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64304#64304

Hello,

I have windows and linux servers and I would like to setup thresholds for
my servers to email me if a file system gets over 90% used. I noticed that
my graph displays a red line at this level but I am unsure on how to setup
a threshold for this. I would also like to setup a threshold for bandwidth
utilization over 90%, windows memory, and if linux swap goes over 10%. Any
ideas?
--
*Shane McKinley
*Systems Administrator

877.324.9258 office
706.963.0726 mobile
706.677.5310 fax****

mailto:***@datasurvival.com ***@datasurvival.com
www.datasurvival.com****

Data Survival • 2160 Damascus Rd • Homer, GA  30547

dpetzel
2012-02-06 23:47:57 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Windows and Linux File Systems Thresholds"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64306#64306

I believe the red line you mention is actually already a threshold. So lets focus on that part of question first. When the threshold is crossed, you should get an event in the event console. What you probably want to do is read up on Alerts in the Admin guide. You can setup the alert to email you when the appropriate event criteria has happened.

The second part of your question about is a little broader and harder to provide a direct answer. In a nutshell you'll want to created and/or modify existing Monitoring Templates (Covered in the Admin Guide). Each of these will be done in different Templates, but the gist of what you need to is review the existing threshold on any templates and then decide if you want to override any of the existing thresholds, and if so at what level (at a device class, or for an entire device, or for a specific component of a device)

Shane McKinley
2012-02-06 23:53:19 UTC
Shane McKinley [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mckinleysh] created the discussion

"Re: Windows and Linux File Systems Thresholds"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64307#64307

Ok. Ill do some reading tomorrow and let you know if I have any questions,
thanks for the response.

Shane