Where to specify ifSpeed / ifHighSpeed
Bao Nguyen
2012-11-28 17:00:47 UTC
Bao Nguyen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bnguyen] created the discussion

"Where to specify ifSpeed / ifHighSpeed"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70201#70201

I discovered a device with a 10gb interface. It has the ethernetCsmacd_64 template applied.

In Components>Interfaces>Details, under Speed, it looks like that number is coming from the OID for ifSpeed. Is there any setting in Zenoss to ensure that ifHighSpeed is being used? If so, where can I find this?

Thanks.

Bao Nguyen
2012-11-28 17:51:51 UTC
Bao Nguyen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bnguyen] created the discussion

"Re: Where to specify ifSpeed / ifHighSpeed"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70203#70203

Replying to my post, it looks like the template specifies this. In the template I have selected ifHighSpeed, but the server was reporting the wrong interface speed so I edited snmpd.conf and added the following:

override ifHighspeed.2 uinteger 10000

The problem, though, is that in zenoss under the Details section, speed looks to be coming from ifSpeed and not ifHighSpeed.

Any ideas?