script timesout when trying to view events at device class level
kenhen93
2013-11-21 14:32:46 UTC
kenhen93 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kenhen93] created the discussion

"script timesout when trying to view events at device class level"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75312#75312

I am using Firefox 25.0.1 and when I try to view events at a device class level the browser becomes unresponsive and pops up a message that a script it taking too long to run

++resource++extjs/ext-all.js?v=1381514333.25:21

I am running Zenoss 4.2.4. How do I fix this? Thanks!

jcurry
2013-11-25 10:36:02 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: script timesout when trying to view events at device class level"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75328#75328

Are there likely to be LOTS of events for that device Class?

Does the EVENTS -> Event Console respond OK?

What filters are applied to the failing device class event console - can you adjust them so that you DO get events?

What does top say about the load on your system?

Is the mysql process thrashing your system?

Is the zeneventserver process thrashing your system (that's the java jetty application that shuffles events between MySQL database and user...).

Cheers,
Jane

kenhen93
2013-11-25 19:43:14 UTC
kenhen93 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kenhen93] created the discussion

"Re: script timesout when trying to view events at device class level"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75332#75332

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your help.

There really is not a lot of events that I would feel this script to run long or timeout.

The Event console does work fine.

Are you asking me to use event console and filter events for the device class? That would work but I like that I can go to a device class, click details and go to events and it automatically filters for that device class.

Whenever I run top on the system, nothing is usually trashing it. I monitor the Zenoss Master from another zenoss instance and none of the graphs show anything concern besides memory use being rather high hovering around 80-90% (not sure how to decrease this)

Mysql does not look to be thrashing the system as when I watch top, it averages 1-3% of the CPU

I see the java eventserver process usually sit around 3-5% but i see it spike to 15, 20% sometimes

The box i am running my Zenoss master on is pretty beefy server with 144GB RAM, two 12 core CPUs (so linux is showing 24 processors), filesystem on fiber attached SAN but I am also monitoring 4300 servers between 9 collectors (the master does not do collection more than 50 servers )