Zenoss Error - KeyError & Zendmd AttributeError Cannot Find /zport/dmd/Networks
Scott Fuller
2011-11-23 21:49:44 UTC
Scott Fuller [http://community.zenoss.org/people/FPCWCHATHAM] created the discussion

"Zenoss Error - KeyError & Zendmd AttributeError Cannot Find /zport/dmd/Networks"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62816#62816

I apologize I am new to Zenoss and mysql.  I have attempted to look through the forums for my specific error without a viable solution working.  I am able to go in and view my current inventory, but cannot go to the Networks page, or have monitoring enabled as I get this error:

The server reported the following error:
Exception Cannot find "/zport/dmd/Networks". KeyError: 'Networks'
The system has encountered an error. Please reload the page.

When I try to re-index using Zendmd as other posts have directed me to I get an AttributeError: Networks message and it does not continute.  I cannot get to a Zendmd command prompt to even start a reindex.

Can someone please direct me how to fix this error.  I can move inventory around groups, systems, but cannot add to it.  I do not feel that a fresh install will work as this appears to be a problem with the actual database itself.

System:   Ubuntu 11.10 on Compaq dc7700 tower, Zenoss was installed directly using apt-get.

History:  This installation has been working for 3 weeks and working properly.  The error just started out of nowhere.

Thanks.

dpetzel
2011-11-23 22:15:02 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss Error - KeyError & Zendmd AttributeError Cannot Find /zport/dmd/Networks"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62817#62817

print dmd.Networks
print dmd.Networks.getSubOrganizers()
Also, are you able to navigate to the infrastructure tab and click networks?

Also, can you navigate to http://ZenossServer:8080/zport/dmd/manage http://ZenossServer:8080/zport/dmd/manage. Do you see a "Networks" entry in the left hand column?

Scott Fuller
2011-11-25 00:50:27 UTC
Scott Fuller [http://community.zenoss.org/people/FPCWCHATHAM] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss Error - KeyError & Zendmd AttributeError Cannot Find /zport/dmd/Networks"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62834#62834

To answer your questions, yes I am thinking the same line, and I cannot get it to fix.

1.) If I try to run zendmd I get the following:

File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/zendmd.py", line 421, in <module>
    vars = _customStuff()
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/zendmd.py", line 149, in _customStuff
    def printNets(net=dmd.Networks, format="text", out=sys.stdout):
AttributeError: Networks

I cannot get a prompt to run commands like reindex, commit, etc.

2.) If I navigate to the networks tab under infrastructure I get the error listed above in my first post.

3.) No I do not see a Networks listed, everything else such as Devices, Groups, Systems, Events, etc. is there but no Networks.

dpetzel
2011-11-25 01:42:42 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss Error - KeyError & Zendmd AttributeError Cannot Find /zport/dmd/Networks"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62811#62811

Hmm. I'm not sure how to get it back aside from either restoring from backup, or re-running the installer. I'm don't know about how that stuff gets loaded to know if the Networks object is created at installation time, or simply registered via the IpNetwork class during startup... Are there any errors during a startup that might indicate a failure to import anyting (I'm grasping for ideas).

The fastest resolution might be to just re-run the installer... but it would be nicer to have a less aggresive fix...

FPCWCHATHAM
2011-11-25 21:38:47 UTC
FPCWCHATHAM [http://community.zenoss.org/people/FPCWCHATHAM] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss Error - KeyError & Zendmd AttributeError Cannot Find /zport/dmd/Networks"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62841#62841

OK, where here is where I stand now:

I installed a virtual machine w/ the base Zenoss-stack package, used the manage page you gave above and exported the key Networks to a file.  Copied the file into the import directory of Zope, and then imported it with existing permissions.  I now have a working Networks file that is rebuilding itself slowly.

Now I have another issue that was there that I still have to solve.  If I go manually add a device, it will show after the add job completes, however when you click on it, it says it is not able to locate it with the same type error.  I am going to try an export to the virtual machine, and see what happens, if my data and all keys run properly, I am going to probably fully restore and restart the install and then export/import my data.