Can't Remove MySQL Zenpack
Joe Goldberg
2013-05-24 17:50:17 UTC
Joe Goldberg [http://community.zenoss.org/people/frellnet] created the discussion

"Can't Remove MySQL Zenpack"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73323#73323

Sorry for the cross post from the Zenpacks forum.

I am running Zenoss 4.2.3 and all was working fantastically until I tried to install the MySQL Zenpack.  It did not install correctly and now it does not remove correctly and I can't get Zenoss to restart with it in this kind of half installed half not mode.

When I run the zenpack remove command I get the the following error:

[***@zenoss ~]$ zenpack --remove ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor
ERROR:zen.ZenPackCmd:zenpack command failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/zenpack.py", line 486, in <module>
    zp.run()
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/zenpack.py", line 190, in run
    self.options.removePackName, None)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenRelations/ToManyContRelationship.py", line 206, in _getOb
    return self._objects[id].__of__(self)
AttributeError: 'ZenPack' object has no attribute '__of__'

Is there a more manual way for stripping the Zenpack out?  There is nothing dependant on it and there are no devices using it since it never did install correctly.

I have successfully installed several of the Juniper and Riverbed Zenpacks already and they are up and running, this is the only issue.

In the state I am in now, Zenoss will not start.

Any assistance you may be able to offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

hydruid
2013-05-30 14:12:54 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Can't Remove MySQL Zenpack"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73388#73388

Joe,

Take a look at this: http://wiki.zenoss.org/Removing_Broken_ZenPacks http://wiki.zenoss.org/Removing_Broken_ZenPacks

Hydruid

Joe Goldberg
2013-05-30 18:15:18 UTC
Joe Goldberg [http://community.zenoss.org/people/frellnet] created the discussion

"Re: Can't Remove MySQL Zenpack"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73394#73394

That worked like a charm.  Thank you so much.  Not sure why I couldn't find that myself through searching, but all is good now.

Thanks a ton.

Joe

hydruid
2013-05-30 18:19:57 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Can't Remove MySQL Zenpack"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73395#73395

Glad to hear that worked! It's saved me a few times :)