Cumulative multi-graph report - how?
handsy
2013-05-23 12:43:32 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Cumulative multi-graph report - how?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73319#73319

Hi everyone, I have some multi-graph reports that show individual lines for each interface I've added to the collection (example attached).
What I actually want is for all the values at each timestamp to be cumulated together and shown like that. For example, if I had 2 interfaces being measured at 12:00pm and one reported 1Mbps while the other 2Mbps for that timestamp....rather than me seeing 1 point at 1Mbps and another at 2Mbps, I want a single point at 3Mbps instead.
I'm sure this is possible....I just don't know how.

Any help appreciated as always :)

Rob Eagle
2013-05-28 13:57:10 UTC
Rob Eagle [http://community.zenoss.org/people/reagle] created the discussion

"Re: Cumulative multi-graph report - how?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73348#73348

Handsy -
Not sure it is possible to have just one datapoint on the graph to represent 2 interfaces for example, but you can stack them together to show that total utilization was 3Mbps.
If you go to the graphs definition section of the report and select the link under the name section of the the graph point(s) you have defined, you change the stacked section to true.  This will continue to show your 2 (or more) of the interfaces on the same graph, but they will be stacked to show total usage.
Hope this helps,
--Rob

handsy
2013-05-30 07:16:36 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Re: Cumulative multi-graph report - how?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73357#73357

Brilliant Rob, that was it :)

Many thanks

Edgar Tellez
2013-09-04 21:54:19 UTC
Edgar Tellez [http://community.zenoss.org/people/guepardo100] created the discussion

"Re: Cumulative multi-graph report - how?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74544#74544

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do the exact same thing:

Interface eth0 Device A + Interface eth0 Device B

And show the total amount in a Graph, could you please explain me how to do this.

BR,

Edgar T.

handsy
2013-09-05 13:47:16 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Re: Cumulative multi-graph report - how?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74577#74577

The answer I marked as Correct is the solution.

Edgar Tellez
2013-09-15 19:20:41 UTC
Edgar Tellez [http://community.zenoss.org/people/guepardo100] created the discussion

"Re: Cumulative multi-graph report - how?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74647#74647

Thanks Handsy,

It works as you explained !!