Need to delete eventlog queue
Espen Hop Larsen
2013-01-21 12:23:08 UTC
Espen Hop Larsen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/espen.hop.larsen%40devoteam.com] created the discussion

"Need to delete eventlog queue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71119#71119

One of my Windows devices created roughly 1000 eventlog entries per second for some time, slowing down Zenoss.

It seams that zeneventd uses more time to handle these events than zeneventlogd used to import them. My problem is that Zenoss now uses about 1 minute to handle 1 second worth of events. I have resolved the issue causing the event so no new events of this type is created.

Is there a way to delete the events so that Zenoss does not use any more time handling them?

Could someone tell me how Zenoss handles an eventlog entry from it enters the system until it is classifyed and shown in the Webgui, or point me to a good description of this?

Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Espen