Overriding File Systems Template/Component (Zenoss 4.2)
jshardlow
2012-08-14 14:24:31 UTC
jshardlow [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jshardlow] created the discussion

"Overriding File Systems Template/Component (Zenoss 4.2)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67821#67821

On my current Zenoss 2.5.2 boxes it is possible to create a local copy of the FileSystem template. I use this on some database servers where a filesystem may be permanently above the 80/90% global thresholds. I know that the data there is static so I don't need to be told of any threshold breaches.

Unfortunately I've just discovered in Zenoss 4.2 that you can't override the File Systems template/component for individual boxes which puts me in a bit of a fix. I've found out that you can make a copy of the File Systems template/component (with new settings) and bind it to a specific Device Class, but I don't want to start creating Device Classes for individual boxes.

Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance!

jshardlow
2012-08-15 14:46:50 UTC
jshardlow [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jshardlow] created the discussion

"Re: Overriding File Systems Template/Component (Zenoss 4.2)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67860#67860

It turns out you can still have local templates for individual filesystems!

When looking at a device, select Components -> File Systems on the left hand menu, then in the File Systems area select the Mount Point you're interested in and in the Display drop-down box select Templates. Then just click Create Local Copy and you're done!

Also this local template will show up (with full device path) under Advanced -> Monitoring Templates -> FileSystem