Filesystem usage alerts being created although threshold isn't being reached
johnnynoc
2011-10-25 21:10:54 UTC
johnnynoc [http://community.zenoss.org/people/johnnynoc] created the discussion

"Filesystem usage alerts being created although threshold isn't being reached"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62174#62174

Has anyone experienced a situation where you have devices that alert on their disk usage even though the usage is below the threshold you've set?  Our filesystem threshold is set to 95% and if I restart Zenoss I'll sometimes have a long list of devices complaining about all of their filesystems with utilization as low as 1.9%.

I'm seeing this on Linux and Windows devices.  We're running Zenoss 3.1.0.

Thanks,
John

2011-10-26 12:27:40 UTC

"Re: Filesystem usage alerts being created although threshold isn't being reached"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62180#62180

Can't say that I do on 3.1.0. How did you end up setting the threshold? Make sure it's doing the math right maybe?

Information Technology Area Supervisor

johnnynoc
2011-11-01 18:45:55 UTC
johnnynoc [http://community.zenoss.org/people/johnnynoc] created the discussion

"Re: Filesystem usage alerts being created although threshold isn't being reached"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62347#62347

Looks like my problem was related to the fact I had transforms setup to change the event severity when I should have been making that change in the threshold itself.  I realized that error and went back and fixed things and haven't seen these alerts since.

:)