Setup SMS
Roy Petersen
2012-05-10 20:16:03 UTC
Roy Petersen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rpetersen] created the discussion

"Setup SMS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66310#66310

I'm look to enable sms alerting within Zenoss core.  The problem I'm running into is I don't have a modem so I can't use most of the documentation out there. I need to run SMS alerts via the Internet connection for now.  We will place additional redundancy at a later time so we won't need a modem.

I've tried adding the cell phone number into the pager field as well as the mailto:***@vtext.com ***@vtext.com and neither work.  I've even added the mailto:***@vtext.com ***@vtext.com and that doesn't work either.

I see that the linx machine needs to be able to talk snpp protocol but not sure exactly how to get that installed/enabled.

I need this to be a very simple configuration so that I don't have to have all these sms proxy servers or other 3rd party apps to get this working if possible.

Is there someone that can provide a step by step guide on how to configure SMS?

Thanks,

Roy Petersen
2012-05-10 20:17:48 UTC
Roy Petersen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rpetersen] created the discussion