FindPosKeyError script issue
Justin Simmons
2014-02-24 22:33:29 UTC
Justin Simmons [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jmsimmons] created the discussion

"FindPosKeyError script issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75692#75692

Over the last couple weeks, I've had a number of devices coming up with POSKeyError messages. I discovered the "FindPosKeyError.py" script that was available on http://wiki.zenoss.org/PosKey_Error_Fixture http://wiki.zenoss.org/PosKey_Error_Fixture. I'd like to say for the record that this script works about 99% of the way, and that I was highly impressed! It cleared up a number of my errors, however, it doesn't appear to clear up problems with "componentSearch". When running "python ./FindPosKeyerror.py --fixrels /zport/dmd/Devices", about 16 odevices come up with a "POSKeyError:  0x###### on attribute 'componentSearch' of app.zport.dmd.Devices.<+remainder of path>".+

Would someone have a solution for me to clear up the remaining POSKeyError's I'm receiving? I'd hate to rebuild/restore for 16 devices that are causing me grief!+
+

Justin Simmons
2014-02-24 22:35:13 UTC
Justin Simmons [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jmsimmons] created the discussion

"Re: FindPosKeyError script issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75693#75693

For the record, I'm still running on 4.2.3. Planning to do an upgrade soon, but would prefer to do a clean upgrade with no errors in the database or errors in device relationships, etc.