Google maps not working with https?
comc49
2013-08-29 20:29:53 UTC
comc49 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/comc49] created the discussion

"Google maps not working with https?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74528#74528

After putting https on my zenoss by following this method
http://community.zenoss.org/blogs/zenossblog/2010/10/28/tip-of-the-month-using-httpsssl-for-your-zenoss-ui http://community.zenoss.org/blogs/zenossblog/2010/10/28/tip-of-the-month-using-httpsssl-for-your-zenoss-ui
My google maps on zenoss website's dashboard gives me this error:
The server returned an error while trying to retrieve a map from Google. Please reload and try again.
Is there a way to fix this? We have to keep https so having https is a must.

hydruid
2013-09-12 18:22:47 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Google maps not working with https?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74624#74624

Make sure you specified on your Google Maps API setup that you will be accessing it with https.....I seem to remember having to do that!

comc49
2013-09-12 20:14:52 UTC
comc49 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/comc49] created the discussion

"Re: Google maps not working with https?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74620#74620

On the google api website or through zenoss web interface?

hydruid
2013-09-12 20:17:56 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Google maps not working with https?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74626#74626

On the google api website

comc49
2013-09-12 20:19:24 UTC
comc49 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/comc49] created the discussion

"Re: Google maps not working with https?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74636#74636

I couldn't find that option on API access page

gstanchev
2013-10-08 14:56:06 UTC
gstanchev [http://community.zenoss.org/people/gstanchev] created the discussion

"Re: Google maps not working with https?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74859#74859

Same here any update on that issue?

Mouhammed Soueidane
2013-11-14 11:28:59 UTC
Mouhammed Soueidane [http://community.zenoss.org/people/raziology] created the discussion

"Re: Google maps not working with https?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75245#75245

Any updates on this issue? I' having the same probelm.

jcurry
2013-11-25 10:55:49 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Google maps not working with https?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75329#75329

You need to go back to the Google API Console https://code.google.com/apis/console https://code.google.com/apis/console . You need to create a new key from the "API Access" left-hand menu.  The url you provide to this must match exactly what you access you zenoss with, so, if you use https on the defauly port, for a zenoss server of zen42.class.example.org. then you enter:

https://zen42.class.example.org https://zen42.class.example.org

If you don't use https and you use the default port 8080, you would type:

http://zen42.class.example.org:8080 http://zen42.class.example.org:8080

You then copy the API generated into ADVANCED -> Settings in Zenoss.

You shouldn't need to restart anything onec the API key is saved - just refresh the browser on your Dashboard page.

Cheers,
Jane

Mouhammed Soueidane
2013-12-11 11:56:15 UTC
Mouhammed Soueidane [http://community.zenoss.org/people/raziology] created the discussion

"Re: Google maps not working with https?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75445#75445

I did the following:
1- Went to https://code.google.com/apis/console https://code.google.com/apis/console
2- In the "API Access" page, I chose to create a new browser key
3- In the referers list, I added the following: https://MY_DOMAIN:7443 https://MY_DOMAIN:7443
4- Went to advanced and put my new key and saved

Still I got the same error message. I also tried the following referers
https://MY_DOMAIN:7443/* https://MY_DOMAIN:7443/*
https://MY_DOMAIN:7443/zport/dmd https://MY_DOMAIN:7443/zport/dmd

And I also tried to sign out and then sign in again as mentioned right next to where I put my API key in Zenoss. I also tried to clear my geocode cache, but all in vain.

smithc
2013-12-20 00:15:59 UTC
smithc [http://community.zenoss.org/people/smithc] created the discussion

"Re: Google maps not working with https?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75502#75502

I had the same issue as well, below is the fix. For me, Firefox was blocking the map because it was coming over HTTP and everything else was HTTPS. If you clicked "Disable Protection on This Page" it would show the map but you had to do it every time you went to the dashboard which was really annoying. Internet Explorer was similar.

You will need to edit two files to be able to access the Google Maps API over SSL(HTTPS).

First, make a backup of /ZENHOME/Products/ZenWidgets/skins/zenui/locationGeoMap.pt and, in the same directory, simpleLocationGeoMap.pt

Edit locationGeoMap.pt and change line 15 from: (without quotes)

"src string: http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=$ http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=${apikey}&sensor=false;"

*to*

"src string: https://maps-api-ssl.google.com/maps/api/js?key=$ https://maps-api-ssl.google.com/maps/api/js?key=${apikey}&sensor=false;"

Edit simpleLocationGeoMap.pt and change line 23 from: (without quotes)

"src string: http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=$ http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=${apikey}&sensor=false"></script>"

*to*

"src string: https://maps-api-ssl.google.com/maps/api/js?key=$ https://maps-api-ssl.google.com/maps/api/js?key=${apikey}&sensor=false"></script>"

Then restart zopectl. You should be good to go.

Since we are talking about maps, you can also edit geomap.js under ZENHOME/Products/ZenWidgets/skins/zenui/javascript/ and set "mapTypeControl" to true(Currently line 100). This will give you a small drop down box on the map where you can toggle between a few different map views (Satellite, etc.).

Let me know if you have any issues.