How to use zProperties for boolean varaible(Auth Enabled) in JMX datasource?
mahimahi
2012-02-16 01:02:16 UTC
mahimahi [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mahimahi] created the discussion

"Re: How to use zProperties for boolean varaible(Auth Enabled) in JMX datasource?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64560#64560

Did I do something wrong?
dlist=dmd.Devices.Server.Linux.java.getSubDevices()
dlist[0].zJmxAuthenticate=True
dlist[0].zJmxManagementPort=9000
dlist[0].zJmxUsername="jmxuser"
commit()

When I go into the Web UI the new values are not reflected.  But if I do a
dlist=dmd.Devices.Server.Linux.java.getSubDevices()
dlist[0].__dict__
The new values are shown.

In the Web UI, if I try to modify that specific device I get a
"BadRequest The property zJmxUsername does not exist" Reload/Dismiss

Ideas? Zenoss v3.2.1

jplouis
2012-02-16 02:11:53 UTC
jplouis [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jplouis] created the discussion

"Re: How to use zProperties for boolean varaible(Auth Enabled) in JMX datasource?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64546#64546

zProperties are "special" you can't just assign values to them. You need to call setZenProperty, it takes a  property name and value.  You may need to clean up your object by deleting the zProperties you set incorrectly.

mahimahi
2012-02-16 19:38:00 UTC
mahimahi [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mahimahi] created the discussion

"Re: How to use zProperties for boolean varaible(Auth Enabled) in JMX datasource?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64564#64564

Couldn't just do a deleteZenProperty("zJmxUsername"). I deleted the device instead to clean up the object and did a setZenProperty("zJmxUsername","jmxuser") to resolve the issue.

Thanks