HTTP Check - Command Timeout
Blightmaster
2011-11-16 10:57:09 UTC
Blightmaster [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Blightmaster] created the discussion

"Re: HTTP Check - Command Timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62645#62645

I was experimenting with the check_http parameters from the command line and I found that by using the -N parameter (Don't wait for document body: stop reading after headers), the check succeeds.

1) Any idea why -N is required? Is there a way ariund this? The website is a CS121 UPS device.
2) How can I make the check permanently use the -N parameter? There's nowhere to put additional parameters in the GUI for the HttpMonitor template.

Shane Scott
2011-11-17 08:54:14 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: HTTP Check - Command Timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62634#62634

Blightmaster:

You'll probably need to modify the base command for the http datasource.

See $ZENHOME/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.HTTPMonitor/ZenPacks/zenoss/HTTPMonitor/datasources/HttpMonitorDataSource.py

You can modify 'def getCommand(self, context):' directly or monkeypatch it.

Best,
--Shane (Hackman238)