Core 3.2.1. Map is slow to react or not reacting at all to events
Fredrik Hofgren
2013-01-14 07:55:05 UTC
Fredrik Hofgren [http://community.zenoss.org/people/TheHoff] created the discussion

"Core 3.2.1. Map is slow to react or not reacting at all to events"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70964#70964

Hi folks
I'm migrating into a fresh installation of Zenoss and I've stared to enter the devices into the new Zenoss.
One thing is troubling me though. The old installation was a 3.1, we have the same devices in the new installation and same map etc. I somehow get the feeling that the new installation isn't undating the map according to events. Example: We have the new and old Zenoss on monitors with the same locations on the maps with the same devices in the locations. Both servers notices a downed network device, both show it under "Device Issues" but only the old Zenoss changes the green location on the map to a red one. The new installation does not. When I click on the map location on the new Zenoss I see the device in the list for the location and the device has a red event.

Have I missed something or is something broken? The new installation is a 3.2.1 VMware appliance straight from the download section and I've only run the Centos updates, nothing else.

Regards
Fredrik