ssh modeling a remote centos 6.x device
briffle
2012-08-23 14:32:40 UTC
briffle [http://community.zenoss.org/people/briffle] created the discussion

"ssh modeling a remote centos 6.x device"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68092#68092

I am having some difficulty modelling a remote centos 6 server using SSH.

I have compiled the Zenoss-Plugins on the server from source.

However, I see no components listed on the left side of the device page (ie, no network OS Processes, etc)

It appears from running a zencommand run -d remote.server.com -v10  that it is definately checking the uptime, mem, and CPU, however, it looks like my other modeller plugins, like process, ifconfig, df, and others are not being run.

I really need the disk space, and to monitor a process on our remote server, and make sure they are always running.

Is there a better way to model it with ssh?

thanks,

briffle
2012-08-23 15:01:52 UTC
briffle [http://community.zenoss.org/people/briffle] created the discussion

"Re: ssh modeling a remote centos 6.x device"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68095#68095

after removing zenoss.cmd.linux.cpuinfo from the list of modeller plugins, things started working.  Interesting