Distributed monitoring case
Remco IJntema
2013-11-14 07:24:51 UTC
Remco IJntema [http://community.zenoss.org/people/blackmagic] created the discussion

"Distributed monitoring case"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75255#75255

Hello,

I am doing an Internship, in wich I am burdened with the task to design a monitoring system. We want to deploy an system with database and server on all of our clients locations, to wich we have a secure VPN connection/Sattelite connection. We want to be able to manage all of the users and settings remotely from one location, through one User interrface. Can Zenoss do this?

Thanks

2013-11-14 14:35:06 UTC

"Re: Distributed monitoring case"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75248#75248

Yes, using distributed collectors, though I'm not sure about the database / server at each client location. But you'll have one master server and n distributed collectors, one for each client, connected via VPN. You will manage from the single master server.

One big caveat is unless you buy enterprise, there really aren't mangement ACLs of any sort - any login to Zenoss can either view, or view + edit pretty much everything.

CLASSE Computer Group