zendisc runs forever, never attempts to contact remote host
sPOiDar
2011-10-05 01:47:01 UTC
sPOiDar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sPOiDar] created the discussion

"Re: zendisc runs forever, never attempts to contact remote host"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61685#61685

No joy I'm afraid - we're about to rejig a bunch of infrastructure, so I may try a clean install - will update if I get different results, or can isolate the problem.

nilie
2011-10-05 02:08:26 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: zendisc runs forever, never attempts to contact remote host"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61686#61686

Is your device by chance a Cisco router with a huge routing table ?

sPOiDar
2011-10-05 03:17:25 UTC
sPOiDar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sPOiDar] created the discussion

"Re: zendisc runs forever, never attempts to contact remote host"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61687#61687

No, just a Linux box.  And as I mentioned earlier in the thread - no traffic whatsoever is sent to the remote host, so it's not barfing on returned data, or timing out.

sPOiDar
2011-10-18 22:46:08 UTC
sPOiDar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sPOiDar] created the discussion

"Re: zendisc runs forever, never attempts to contact remote host"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61935#61935

Well, after a fresh install of 3.2.0, configured exactly the same, the problem has disappeared.  Bizarre.  In any case, thanks to all for attempting to help, and hopefully this problem doesn't appear again.

Shane Scott
2011-10-18 22:50:16 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: zendisc runs forever, never attempts to contact remote host"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61925#61925

sPOiDar:

Very glad to hear the problem is resolved. Since v3.2 fixed the problem I suspect it had something to do with the blocking code patches for Zenhub included in Zenoss 3.2. Be sure it install the datasource patches! (look up ZCA 3.2 patches) : )

Best,
--Shane W. Scott (Hackman238)

sPOiDar
2011-10-18 23:23:08 UTC
sPOiDar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sPOiDar] created the discussion

"Re: zendisc runs forever, never attempts to contact remote host"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61936#61936

Actually, the problem persisted on that install, even after upgrading to 3.2 - I had to do a clean install.  Thanks for the tip on the 3.2 patches - I already found the bugs for 26334 and 26335 during my testing, will apply 26337.  Can I suggest that when you post these patches that you also link the associated bugs, so people can see what they're patching?

Shane Scott
2011-10-18 23:27:56 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: zendisc runs forever, never attempts to contact remote host"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61927#61927

sPOiDar:

Oh my mistake, I understand now. Thats really bizarre. Do you have the Products directory of the broken install so I could analyse it?

Good idea, I'll be sure that we (ZCA) link to the bug postings in the future.

Best,
--Shane W. Scott (Hackman238)

sPOiDar
2011-10-19 00:15:36 UTC
sPOiDar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sPOiDar] created the discussion

"Re: zendisc runs forever, never attempts to contact remote host"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61939#61939

I'm afraid that system's been destroyed.  I should have taken a copy for analysis, but I was under pressure for the migration.  Be sure I'll be back if it happens again ;)

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 00:16:31 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: zendisc runs forever, never attempts to contact remote host"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61947#61947

sPOiDar:

Alrighty. Happy ZenOSSing! :p

--Shane