Using Zenoss for STP & RSTP Monitoring
Pierre K
2013-01-21 10:17:29 UTC
Pierre K [http://community.zenoss.org/people/PierreK] created the discussion

"Using Zenoss for STP & RSTP Monitoring"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71116#71116

Hi all,

i'm wondering if it could be possible to monitor Spanning Tree and Rapid Spanning Tree Incidents.

I'm trying to use Zenoss to monitor the link availabilty of some switches. These switches are connected over 2 different cable ways (STP is used to close one link...).

Is it possible to monitor boths links? The active one and the one which is closed by STP.
I dont know, if STP generates messages if the disabled one got a physical interruption as this is not active in that moment.

Hopefully this is understandable.

Hopefully this can be done by Zenoss.

Thanks & Regards
Pierre