Clean uninstall
lshellen
2011-11-01 16:53:13 UTC
lshellen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/lshellen] created the discussion

"Clean uninstall"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62331#62331

There's probably a document available that outlines this procedure, but I'm new here.  So, forgive me!

I would like to do a clean uninstall of Zenoss and then reinstall.  Could someone point me in the correct direction?

BTW, I'm primarily a Windows admin and know just enough Linux to get into the trouble I'm currently in.  The instructions I need should be idiot-proof!

Thanks!

dpetzel
2011-11-01 17:00:39 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Clean uninstall"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62333#62333

Chapter 12 of the Installation guide, titled "Removing an Instance" should be what your after.

lshellen
2011-11-01 17:11:48 UTC
lshellen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/lshellen] created the discussion

"Re: Clean uninstall"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62335#62335

That's the problem.  When I attempt to follow the instructions for a .DEB instance, I can't find the uninstall file.

I can't just delete the Zenoss folder because I don't have the zenoss user's password (I didn't do the original install) and can't change the permissions.

Running dpkg -r zenoss-stack-3.2.1 returns a message that it's not installed.

dpetzel
2011-11-01 17:17:44 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Clean uninstall"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62352#62352

I dont deal too much with Debian, but not sure why you need the zenoss user's password. Can you just login as root and delete it that way? The zenoss user is created "automagically". You could probably just su to the zenoss user as well.
su - zenoss
Give that a shot and see if it helps any.