New devices not showing up, and no rrds?
kody abney
2012-10-29 16:17:36 UTC
kody abney [http://community.zenoss.org/people/SMHguru] created the discussion

"New devices not showing up, and no rrds?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69605#69605

Hi, first of all: yes I did browse the forums for similar issues, but didn't see a whole lot. I like zenoss but the forums aren't necessary very well structured. Has anyone had an issue where they add / remove a device many times ( for testing, incorrect settings, anything ) and it is no longer creating a device under /opt/zenoss/perf/devices/ path? Also no default RRD's are made, even when I do basic ssh modelar plugins, or snmp ( which I wasn't even using). I use a command data source, and I never had a problem with the device not showing up. It just so happened this particular device was causing problems, and I had to change the configuration many many times, thus deleting and adding it countless times. The other day I restarted all daemons, rebooted server, and it showed up randomly ag
ain. Now I can't seem to get it to do it again. I have it under production, with a command data source (always been the same). Any advice or similar issues would be most grateful.