Device up or down
Stefan Reinke
2012-02-20 07:33:48 UTC
Stefan Reinke [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Stefan] created the discussion

"Device up or down"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64603#64603

Hi everyone,

I need to graph devices under /ping for uptime. So 1 for up and 0 for down. Now I am using the following command, but I can only get it to report ping times back to me and I need a graph showing a solid line for being up not going up and down as the ping jumps. Is there anyway I can get this command to report back a 1 for being up ?

/usr/local/zenoss/common/libexec/check_ping -H ${here/manageIp} -w 180,100% -c 300,100% | sed -e 's# - Packet loss#|loss#;s#%,##;s#ms##;s# = #=#g'