What happened to the WindowsMonitor ZenPack?
hydruid
2013-05-16 16:08:17 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"What happened to the WindowsMonitor ZenPack?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73234#73234

Hello All,

Maybe I missed something, but today I have been unable to download this Zenpack: ZenPacks.zenoss.WindowsMonitor

A few months ago, I was successfully able to install it using the zenpack --fetch method. Now that just sits there for a few seconds and then returns to the prompt. No errors or anything
zenpack --fetch ZenPacks.zenoss.WindowsMonitor

Very strange, I can't seem to find a download of it anywhere. I've used this command "zenpack --fetch ZenPacks.zenoss.WindowsMonitor" many many times

It looks like the url I used before doesn't work anymore either, http://zenpacks.zenoss.com/pypi/eggs/none/ZenPacks.zenoss.WindowsMonitor-1.0.5-py2.7.egg http://zenpacks.zenoss.com/pypi/eggs/none/ZenPacks.zenoss.WindowsMonitor-1.0.5-py2.7.egg

What am I missing? I looked on the wiki and couldn't find a download for it!

Hydruid

Andrew Kirch
2013-05-16 19:16:43 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: What happened to the WindowsMonitor ZenPack?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73236#73236

The WindowsMonitor zenpack sleeps with the fishes... these things happen when you cross...
Kidding of course, you're a different use case as all the zenpacks are not in the source tree as they're seperately developed projects, even internally.
The current zenoss core rpm on sourceforge includes all the Zenpacks, compiled and ready to go.  grab it, extract with cpio and you should have all your ZenPacks.  Sorry for the trouble, and I will be looking for a better long term solution for Ubuntu users.

hydruid
2013-05-16 19:56:31 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: What happened to the WindowsMonitor ZenPack?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73237#73237

Andrew,

Thank you for the clarification!

I was helping another user here on the forums, he's running CentOS and having issues with that ZenPack. I will relay the information!

Again, many thanks!

Hydruid

Andrew Kirch
2013-05-16 21:49:30 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: What happened to the WindowsMonitor ZenPack?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73258#73258

ooh, we need to talk, Zenoss will be shipping an srpm artifact with all the zenpack source in it, and a spec file.  Should make your life much easier than having to screw with SVN and you get 1:1 of what we ship for the core artifacts on redhat/centos.  I'll get you more info soon and a beta srpm ASAP.

hydruid
2013-05-16 22:24:44 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: What happened to the WindowsMonitor ZenPack?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73250#73250

Sounds awesome thank you! I've been ramping up my install script to be more
similar to the official one, I'm hoping to finish it soon, before 4.2.4
rolls out.