About the timestamp generated by Zenoss
Evelino Bomitali
2012-08-31 16:33:43 UTC
Evelino Bomitali [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ebomis] created the discussion

"About the timestamp generated by Zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68335#68335

my current setup considers some information collected by Zenoss and forwarded to some external tool that should collect some status information. As both Zenoss and the other tool understand SNMP, we decide to send information within a SNMPTrap. However we discovered that Zenoss send a delivery timestamp information based on UTC timezone, while the other tool interpret the timestamp as local timezone (actually CET). There is no way to change the interpretation of the other tool so I wonder if anyone can suggest how can I tell to Zenoss to transform UTC timestamp to local timestamp.
Regards
E. B.

dpetzel
2012-09-01 02:08:13 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: About the timestamp generated by Zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68370#68370

Can't say as I've heard of anyone doing tihs, but you *might* be able to do this with an event transform? I don't have much advice on how to pull it off, but its worth exploring.

Since a transform is just Python, you can import the date/time libraries and manipulate as you see fit. My only question mark is if you can alter the field in question or not.