Custom disk utilization threshold - used.blocks datapoint
Anthony Simons
2012-11-20 20:30:06 UTC
Anthony Simons [http://community.zenoss.org/people/planetvortex] created the discussion

"Re: Custom disk utilization threshold - used.blocks datapoint"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70013#70013

I don't see a response to this, but I know how to resolve this on your end....

Figure this out by accident and don't really know if this is a bug or not.

Before you pick the threshold expand the datasources and select the usedBlocks.usedBlocks first then add a threshold...then by default it will add that datasource to your resulting threshold....it's weird I know.

Ryan Matte
2012-11-22 23:13:23 UTC
Ryan Matte [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rmatte] created the discussion

"Re: Custom disk utilization threshold - used.blocks datapoint"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70109#70109

This is a known bug http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-3477 http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-3477

It should be fixed in the next release.  The workaround that I use is to add a second datasource to the template temporarily.  Once there are two datapoints in the template you'll be able to select it for the threshold and it will stay.  After you've done that simply delete the second temporary datasource and you're good to.

N Eone
2012-12-05 19:24:01 UTC
N Eone [http://community.zenoss.org/people/josephsmith] created the discussion

"Re: Custom disk utilization threshold - used.blocks datapoint"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70357#70357

Anthony, your solution worked if I were to create a new threshold. However, I had existing thresholds and would need to recreate each one if I used that method. Not a huge deal but it would be several more steps to fix multiple thresholds, delete, recreate etc.

Ryan, adding an additional data source (with nothing but a name) allowed the theshold to be saved with the datapoint.

Thanks!