object.xml is missing after updating ZenPack version and exporting
Yiming Li
2012-08-07 19:36:20 UTC
Yiming Li [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nicneo] created the discussion

"object.xml is missing after updating ZenPack version and exporting"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67726#67726

Hi Mighty Forum,

I just recently began to use Zenoss and got this question when developing ZenPacks.

I installed a ZenPack from an egg file and wished to modify it, so I copied the setup.py file to the ZenPack directory and turned the ZenPack into development mode, then from GUI I was able to edit the ZenPack(removing tempaltes, adding tempates and changing the ZenPack version).

After that I exported the ZenPack and copied it to my local machine(we are using a remote Zenoss server) and wanted to check it in to source control, but I found the object.xml file was missing, actually the objects directory was not there after I unziped the ZenPack.

I took a closer look to what happened after I changed the version from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 and exported the zenpack:
1) all new changes were persisitent to the object.xml file in the original ZenPack directory(/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/MyZenPack-1.0.0-py2.7.egg/ZenPacks/MyZenPack/objects/xml)

2) in the generated new version ZenPack, the object.xml is missing(/opt/zenoss/export/MyZenPack-1.0.1-py2.7.egg)

I though this process should be an easy one and straightforward, but apparently I was missing something, hope you can shed a light on this question and help me out.

Thank you very much.

Yiming Li
2012-08-09 16:45:18 UTC
Yiming Li [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nicneo] created the discussion

"Re: object.xml is missing after updating ZenPack version and exporting"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67757#67757

anyone has any ideas?