Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?
handsy
2013-07-29 09:10:55 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74183#74183

I want to stop my Zenoss 4.2.4 installation from attempting to draw map lines on the Google Maps dashboard portlet.

I've read section 9.5.2.4.1 in the Zenoss Core Admin guide for v4.2 which explains how to switch off per Network (I couldn't find Configuration Properties anywhere following that guide!).

Does anyone know a CLI, or GUI, method to switch off this functionality globally?

Many thanks

handsy
2013-07-30 14:33:39 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74222#74222

Anyone? ...or at least offer me working instructions on how to turn it off per network. As I say, the User Guide is inaccurate in it's description for this process.

Thanks

jcurry
2013-07-31 15:48:08 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74240#74240

The crucial missing line in the Admin Guide is that when you are displaying all your Networks (from INFRASTRUCTURE -> Networks), there is a dropdown box at the top of the main panel that says Display and "IP Adresses" is the default. Click the dropdown and the other option is "Configuration properties".  This is where you find the zDrawMapLinks oroperty.  You can either set it globally at the top oevel or set it per network - any subnetworks should inherit the property from their parent.

Cheers,
Jane

handsy
2013-07-31 17:47:17 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74199#74199

Hi Jane, thanks for helping me with that :)
I found the setting and disabled it globally, however, my Google Maps portlet still shows lines between locations :-/

I've even restart Zenoss, but still have the same issue. Any further thoughts?

jcurry
2013-07-31 17:54:45 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74247#74247

Try clearing your browser cache.
Try clearing the geocache.

Cheers,
Jane

handsy
2013-07-31 18:11:39 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74261#74261

Done browser cache, but can't find how to clear geocache :8}

handsy
2013-07-31 18:18:14 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74262#74262

Found it!
Cleared geocache and Google Maps still drawing lines :((

jcurry
2013-07-31 19:03:33 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74248#74248

Hmm - works for me (4.2.3).  I just set zDrawMapLinks at the top Networks level to False ans imply refreshed my browser page showing the Dashboard - links vanish.  Set back to True and they come back.  No need to stop any daemons or clear caches.

Cheers,
Jane

handsy
2013-08-02 04:19:27 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74257#74257

Have I found a bug then?
zDrawMapLinks is definitely turned off, yet Google Maps portlet on Dashboard still showing lines. Can someone else on 4.2.4 please try this out.......

jcurry
2013-08-08 09:29:31 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74317#74317

I have just upgraded my 4.2.3 system to 4.2.4 and the zDrawMapLinks parameter works just the same as it did in 4.2.3 - no problems.  No need to restart anything.  Just switch the parameter at the Networks level and refresh the Dashboard page.

Cheers,
Jane

handsy
2013-08-09 07:24:18 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74289#74289

Hi Jane, thanks for your patience on this :x

Here's aa screenshot of my zDrawMapLinks setting:

..and here's the resulting map on my Dashboard:

I still have a problem with this functionality :(

Mark

jcurry
2013-08-09 08:20:12 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74325#74325

OK.  If it is still drawing them, is the zDrawMapLinks property overridden in individual networks?  That's the only other reason I can think of this happening.  Check out a few networks and see what the individual properties are - it is perfectly possible to have some networks inheriting the top-level parameter and have others with their own override so it should be fairly easy to check / test.

Cheers,
Jane

handsy
2013-08-09 09:23:27 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74290#74290

Finally fixed it!
It was the IPv6 networks that still had the setting as True (even though I have no IPv6 running anywhere in my network!).

I now have no lines being drawn anymore :D

Thanks for all your help Jane

jcurry
2013-08-09 09:27:11 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74326#74326

Glad we finally got there!

BTW - what is your impression of 4.2.4??  I have just done my first upgrade but haven't really explored it yet.....

Cheers,
Jane

handsy
2013-08-09 09:30:54 UTC
handsy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/handsy] created the discussion

"Re: Turn off zDrawMapLinks globally?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74336#74336

Love 4.2.4.
Interface much more slick, and feels more responsive across the board.