Changing Graph Interval
spawn!!!
2012-03-20 11:43:12 UTC
spawn!!! [http://community.zenoss.org/people/spawn%21%21%21] created the discussion

"Re: Changing Graph Interval"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65325#65325

As relevant post is going on, I want to ask my issue seems to be similiar. I hav 3.0.3 version. I have some live devices collecting information. Couple of months back, due to requirement I changed the snmp performance cycle interval to 10 secs from default 300 secs. That time there was a quit less number of devices being monitored. and it worked smoothly. I didnt do any other changes and graphing was happening smoother.

Later I needed to add more devices and didnt want to keep again 10 secs so snmp performance cycle was rolled back to 120 and it didnt work and again 60 was tried and didnt work again. It started working for 30 secs. But later i noticed, the graph is all chopping so I tried to roll back to 300secs. Now it stopped graphing totally. I tried to change back to 10 and 30 which was working initially. But no success.

When I use stat command on the rrd file and i see zenoss is accessing the file matching cycle time but they are not modified. Please note: I did all these change in cycle time when zenperfsnmp daemons is on as i thought its dynamic change. I just noticed that mvlaovic has tried with snmp daemon off.

I am kind of wondering will this fix will remove or affect existing collected information in rrd files. Though i took backup for all.

RRD commands that you have mentioned, should i have to add it as extra lines? or replace? I dont see "last" command line in the edit.

I am not sure how this is linked, inititally distributed collector was working but now due to this issue, i tried to add a collector again and it is throwing some error while adding zenpack and manual fix is not working too... weird...

Thanks & Regards,