deamons unable to communicate with each other
Leandro Batlle
2012-09-03 17:41:35 UTC
Leandro Batlle [http://community.zenoss.org/people/lebatlle] created the discussion

"deamons unable to communicate with each other"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68365#68365

Hi everyone,

I need some help in “UNbreaking” my core 4 (virtual appliance originally 3.2.1 then upgraded). Symptoms are: no daemon seem to be able to connect to any other.

It all started when I noticed some dated info in the dashboard. After some troubleshooting activity I spotted a few rabbitmq queues having a large backlog. So I stopped all daemons and tried to flush the queues using the commands in section 14.8 of the Admin manual (rabbitmqctl stop, reset, etc).

Now, Zenhub  logs read “Exception: Could not publish message”, and “zen.ZenHub: Worker (15918) reports 2012-09-03 12:15:23,642 INFO zen.pbclientfactory: Initial connect timed out after 30 seconds” . Rabbitmq logs show what look like successful incoming connections.

Any clues on how to fix this?  I'm attaching the output of "rabbitmqctl report".

Thanks in advance

Leandro