Memory usages slowly increasing to maximum
Twan Hermans
2012-02-03 11:15:19 UTC
Twan Hermans [http://community.zenoss.org/people/twanhermans] created the discussion

"Memory usages slowly increasing to maximum"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64194#64194

Im a new user of Zenoss and new with linux... We need to monitoring some servers (26) en switches (2) so we have tested some tools (nagios, zabbix, zenoss) We chose Zenoss. Because this is the nicest looking and so far it seems to be user friendly and includes syslog :) .
We having Zenoss oprational now for approx 2 months. (stack installer, in VM with external storage where the image in runs).

What is remarkable is that the memory slowly fills. Is this normal or not? What causes this? How can I find out?
We gave zenoss 2 cpu and 4Gb memory. The overal performance is good.

After restarting Zenoss, the memory usage starts with approx 50%.