Error Logging into zenoss
Michele Abò
2013-05-02 14:20:24 UTC
Michele Abò [http://community.zenoss.org/people/doGmaI] created the discussion

"Error Logging into zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73062#73062

Hi everyone

After being away for some days, I came back in office and tried to check my zenoss installation
Everything is working fine: I see new events coming in my email with errors/warnings/infos etc etc

The problem is I can't login in Zenoss anymore.
I'm trying to access using my credential, but I get this error
+Type: <class 'ZODB.POSException.POSKeyError'>+
+Value: 0x020bc9+

+Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 126, in publish request, bind=1) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py", line 77, in mapply if debug is not None: return debug(object,args,context) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 46, in call_object result=apply(object,args) # Type s<cr> to step into published object. File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/patches/pasmonkey.py", line 153, in login pas_instance.updateCredentials(request, response, login, password) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/PluggableAuthService/PluggableAuthService.py", line 1100, in updateCredentials updater.updateCredentials(request, response, login, new_password) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/PluggableAuthService/plugins/SessionAuthHelper.py", line 102, in updateCredentials request.SESSION.set('__ac_name', login) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py", line 1379, in __getattr__ v = self.get(key, default, returnTaints=returnTaints) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py", line 1336, in get v = v() File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Sessions/SessionDataManager.py", line 101, in getSessionData return self._getSessionDataObject(key) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Sessions/SessionDataManager.py", line 188, in _getSessionDataObject ob = container.new_or_existing(key) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py", line 839, in new_or_existing item = self.get(key, _marker) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py", line 495, in get item = self._move_item(k, current_ts, default) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py", line 285, in _move_item self._housekeep(current_ts) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py", line 934, in _housekeep self._finalize(now) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py", line 574, in _finalize self._do_finalize_work(now, max_ts, start_finalize) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/Transience/Transience.py", line 598, in _do_finalize_work values = list(self._data[key].values()) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 860, in setstate self._setstate(obj) File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 901, in _setstate p, serial = self._storage.load(obj._p_oid, '') File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/relstorage/storage.py", line 476, in load raise POSKeyError(oid) POSKeyError: 0x020bc9+

The only thing that changed from my last login, is my password, I changed my domain password to a new one
Can this be the problem?

How can I fix it?

Thanks for any suggestion

hydruid
2013-05-06 15:19:58 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Error Logging into zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73091#73091

This post should help you, http://community.zenoss.org/thread/8576 http://community.zenoss.org/thread/8576

Michele Abò
2013-05-29 15:27:54 UTC
Michele Abò [http://community.zenoss.org/people/doGmaI] created the discussion

"Re: Error Logging into zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73372#73372

I know it's been a while since your response

Sorry for the long wait

Thanks for your time, but the thread you linked didn't solve my problem, I tried with both my user and zenoss admin and I always get the same error message :(

hydruid
2013-05-29 18:22:53 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Error Logging into zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73354#73354

I did a little further research and it looks like that errors means ZODB
corruption. Try these 2 links:

http://community.zenoss.org/thread/19880?start=0&tstart=0 http://community.zenoss.org/thread/19880?start=0&tstart=0
http://wiki.zenoss.org/Fixing_ZODB_Integrity_Issues http://wiki.zenoss.org/Fixing_ZODB_Integrity_Issues

Hydruid

Michele Abò
2013-06-17 15:41:42 UTC
Michele Abò [http://community.zenoss.org/people/doGmaI] created the discussion

"Re: Error Logging into zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73623#73623

Hi
I read the link you posted and tried those solutions, but nothing worked in my installation
Since the problem was lasting longer than expected and I can't afford being without network&Co. monitoring, I had to revert back to an old snapshot of the virtual machine
I'm disappointed I can't test a little longer about this problem (I have two virtual machine, one for test purpose and one currently in production state, and the problem interested only the production one, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem in testing machine :( )

Thanks anyway for your help, hoping this will not happen again :-/

hydruid
2013-06-17 16:32:16 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Error Logging into zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73624#73624

Thanks for the update. The issue you encountered is a known problem and I
believe has been fixed. If it happens again, jump into #zenoss on IRC and
we might be able to help you faster!

Michele Abò
2013-06-20 07:32:01 UTC
Michele Abò [http://community.zenoss.org/people/doGmaI] created the discussion

"Re: Error Logging into zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73691#73691

Yes! I will sure keep in mind "IRC support".
I always forget there is also a channel on IRC

If this is going to happen again, I hope it will happen in my test machine, so I can keep it "unusable" as long as I want and I can use it to test different solutions.