Warning: Unable to install patched zodb script to //usr/local/zenoss/bin/repozo.py
Jason Poth
2012-10-12 14:16:50 UTC
Jason Poth [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sentinelace] created the discussion

"Warning: Unable to install patched zodb script to //usr/local/zenoss/bin/repozo.py"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69065#69065

Ubuntu 12.04
I get this error when running the install.sh along with ImportError: No module named _sha256
It seems to be related to my python install so I downgraded to 2.4 and I still get this error.  Any ideas?

dpetzel
2012-10-14 13:14:55 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Warning: Unable to install patched zodb script to //usr/local/zenoss/bin/repozo.py"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69150#69150

What version of Zenoss are you trying to install? Core 4 is not supported on Ubuntu.

Jason Poth
2012-10-14 18:08:37 UTC
Jason Poth [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sentinelace] created the discussion

"Re: Warning: Unable to install patched zodb script to //usr/local/zenoss/bin/repozo.py"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69140#69140

3.2.1

dpetzel
2012-10-15 00:21:42 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Warning: Unable to install patched zodb script to //usr/local/zenoss/bin/repozo.py"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69153#69153

I don't run on Ubuntu, so I have not run into this myself, but I feel like I've seen reports of this before, but go figure, I can't find any of them....

If I recall though the error had something to do with the ssl related options used to compile Python. Zenoss 3.2.1 requires Python 2.6, but it should install its own embedded copy, and not us the system Python. I want to say that someone reported getting around this by using Ubuntu 11, but again, I can't dig up that thread, so I might be my imagination :(