zenrestore gone wrong, need help asap
nozen
2012-01-03 12:04:38 UTC
nozen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nozen] created the discussion

"zenrestore gone wrong, need help asap"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63490#63490

Hi All,

I'm hoping for some help here i'm really in a pickle.

Centos 5.5
Stack installed 3.2.1

zenprocess wasn't working e.g. wasn't detecting when a process was failed, running the command manually showed the same. So i attempted to re-install zenoss....

now i can't use zenmodel from the webinterface "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'collectDevice'"
none of my graphs are working (i really need this history back) they look like broken links

any ideas?

i ran the uninstall script then installed the stack installer and restored it using zenrestore file=myfile.tar.gz

on the upside all of my groups / locations and devices appear...but it doesn't appear to be monitoring anything. All of the daemons are running.

thank you.

Shane Scott
2012-01-03 15:10:44 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: zenrestore gone wrong, need help asap"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63491#63491

nozen:

I hope you and yours had a good holiday!

On the zenoss master, su zenoss and zenchkrels -x1 -r. Post the results if it stops with traceback.

Best,
--Shane (Hackman328)

nozen
2012-01-04 01:27:31 UTC
nozen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nozen] created the discussion

"Re: zenrestore gone wrong, need help asap"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63500#63500

Hey Shane,

Holidays were pretty good thanks.

I ran the zenchkrels -x1 -r and it completed successfully with no trace back.

nozen
2012-01-04 08:21:08 UTC
nozen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nozen] created the discussion

"Re: zenrestore gone wrong, need help asap"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63520#63520

ok i fixed it.

i selected a device > set collector > localhost

i was messing around with the production states because i found another thread which mentioned it and then when i clicked on collector it was blank.

cheers.
nozen

Shane Scott
2012-01-04 13:25:15 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: zenrestore gone wrong, need help asap"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63505#63505

nozen:

Glad you're all set. Sounds like the relationship for collectors was None rather than bunk. :) That's a better case scenario. Means nothing too serious went wrong.

Best,
--Shane