error in zenactions log
Robert Bell
2011-11-05 17:51:03 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"error in zenactions log"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62456#62456

I noticed this in the zenactions.log today. Any ideas? I'm having a problem with some reports but I dont think this is related. I was about to post a different thread on the report problem when I saw this.

OperationalError: (1305, 'PROCEDURE events.age_events does not exist')
2011-11-05 10:46:12,561 INFO zen.ZenActions: Processed 1 commands in 0.002335
2011-11-05 10:46:12,567 ERROR zen.ZenActions: unexpected exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/zenactions.py", line 636, in runCycle
    self.mainbody()
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/zenactions.py", line 627, in mainbody
    self.maintenance(zem)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/zenactions.py", line 432, in maintenance
    self.execute(sql)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/zenactions.py", line 186, in execute
    return self._getCursor(stmt, callback)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenEvents/zenactions.py", line 172, in _getCursor
    rowsAffected = curs.execute(stmt)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 137, in execute
    self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 33, in defaulterrorhandler
    raise errorclass, errorvalue
OperationalError: (1305, 'PROCEDURE events.age_events does not exist')

mwcotton
2011-11-05 20:42:49 UTC
mwcotton [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mwcotton] created the discussion

"Re: error in zenactions log"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62458#62458

Looks like you are missing the stored procedures in the mysql database.
If you look thru the script that runs during install, you will see a little section where they are loaded.
I would tell you, but I am not at work. Maybe someone else can point you at a good resource.

Robert Bell
2011-11-07 18:43:40 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Re: error in zenactions log"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62472#62472

Thats strange, I did the RPM install for 3.2 and 3.2.1 and did not see any problems. I'll try to track down the script with the SQL, thanks.

Robert Bell
2011-11-08 19:48:49 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Re: error in zenactions log"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62515#62515

I found the the file that creates the stored procedure but I'm getting a syntax error trying to add it. No doubt this failed on install and was either not reported or not noticed

./Products/ZenEvents/db/zenprocs.sql

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS age_events;
DELIMITER //
CREATE PROCEDURE age_events(IN hours INT, IN sev INT)
BEGIN
    DELETE FROM status where
     StateChange < DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL hours HOUR) and severity < sev;
END;//
DELIMITER ;

I was getting a syntax error trying to import it straight from the file but I yped it out manually and I got it to work. I think the problem was with END;// but I'm no SQL expert

mwcotton
2011-11-09 01:16:44 UTC
mwcotton [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mwcotton] created the discussion

"Re: error in zenactions log"