Beginner question about Triggers and Monitoring templates
floyn
2013-04-23 08:59:21 UTC
floyn [http://community.zenoss.org/people/floyn] created the discussion

"Beginner question about Triggers and Monitoring templates"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72946#72946

Hello, I begin in Zenoss administration and I haven't find how to do that, even if I searched for.
I have 2 questions :

- I want to send notifications on a filesystem purcent usage (windows WMI)

In my device infrastructure page : Monitoring Templates, I have a Threshold : "CPU Utilization over 90" with event class : /Perf/CPU and max value : 90
but there is no Data Source for it, so how define this data source cause it doesn't work without it I'm supposing ?
And after, if a data source is needed or not, how define the good trigger for my notification ?

- I would know when a road on a switch is saturated

In my infrastructure switch components, I can see the Troughput histogram.
For send a notification, I have to create the trigger but don't know the rules to apply for bandwith value on switch port.
Have I to create a specific event when bandwidth reach over 80% for exemple, and if it's the case, how ?
After that, in the notification, is there a variable which contain the interface number ?

Thank you for helping