Accessing Zenoss using IPv6 doesn't work
Captain MESO
2011-11-03 22:14:07 UTC
Captain MESO [http://community.zenoss.org/people/CaptainMESO] created the discussion

"Accessing Zenoss using IPv6 doesn't work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62406#62406

I've installed Zenoss 3.2.1 on CentOS 6 with support for IPv6 (ISATAP). Accessing the web interface via IPv6 doesn't work.

Is this a known issue of Zenoss 3.2.1 or must something be set in ZOPE for supporting IPv6 web interface access?

Thanks, Markus

Captain MESO
2011-11-04 04:27:14 UTC
Captain MESO [http://community.zenoss.org/people/CaptainMESO] created the discussion

"Re: Accessing Zenoss using IPv6 doesn't work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62393#62393

== STEPS FOR REPRO ==

1. Do an "ifconfig" on your Zenoss host and write down "inet6 addr" you like to use. To make it simple, use the IPv6 link local address of your Zenoss server "fe80::5efe:abcd:wxyz"
2. Check that you don't have any firewall issues. If you are not sure, *temporally* stop IPTABLES, IP6TABLES
3. Open your browser on a IPv6 client system and try http://community.zenoss.org/[fe80::5efe:abcd:wxyz]:8080 http://[fe80::5efe:abcd:wxyz]:8080
4. You will get an error and will have no access to the Zenoss web interface.

2011-11-04 11:55:56 UTC

"Re: Accessing Zenoss using IPv6 doesn't work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62410#62410

As far as I'm aware, Zenoss 3.x doesn't support IPv6 - apparently in any way. v4.x, which is planned to beta in December, is supposed to support IPv6, though I don't know if this use case has been tested. I'd check out the beta if you can and submit bugs at that time...

Captain MESO
2011-11-04 23:45:19 UTC
Captain MESO [http://community.zenoss.org/people/CaptainMESO] created the discussion

"Re: Accessing Zenoss using IPv6 doesn't work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62439#62439

Thanks a lot for the input. I understood that support for IPv6 devices is planned for Zenoss v4.

* But keep in mind --- I only try to access the Zenoss 3.2.1 Web Interface using IPv6. Maybe I'm wrong - but I think Zope does this job.
* As far as I know, Zope as web application server can already handle IPv6 access (?).

Someone who knows if Zope - how Zenoss 3.2.1 use it - can be configured for IPv6 access? Is this a well known issue for the Zenoss 3.2.1 version that can't be modified?

Mottster
2012-10-24 15:10:10 UTC
Mottster [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Mottster] created the discussion

"Re: Accessing Zenoss using IPv6 doesn't work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69498#69498

We have tried to access the Zenoss Console using IPv6, and still are unable to access the console usign IPv6.  We are currently running Zenoss 4.2.

Are we missing something in regards to the configuration?  Did go through the installation & administration documentation to see if there was anything in regards to accessing the console via IPv6, and was not able to find anything.

If someone could clarify this, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

pwarren
2012-10-24 21:43:49 UTC
pwarren [http://community.zenoss.org/people/pwarren] created the discussion

"Re: Accessing Zenoss using IPv6 doesn't work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69521#69521

Can you try changing the 'address' property in the '<http-server>' section of the $ZENHOME/etc/zope.conf configuration file to the following and see if it now works for you under IPv6 addresses?

address [::]:8080

Thanks,

Philip Warren