Zenoss does not understanding Nagios plug-in performance UOM
kenhen93
2013-02-28 21:16:44 UTC
kenhen93 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kenhen93] created the discussion

"Zenoss does not understanding Nagios plug-in performance UOM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72233#72233

http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#AEN201 http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#AEN201

Zenoss does not understand when you use a nagios performance unit of measurement. I have tried this in 3.2 and 4.2 and it just graphs the values even if I specify one value is MB and one is KB.

Has anyone had this problem and was able to fix it?

Here is a syntax I am using

Test | echo=1MB echo1=100KB

echo and echo1 are my datapoints

nilie
2013-03-04 03:53:42 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss does not understanding Nagios plug-in performance UOM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72248#72248

Zenoss expects to receive datapoints values in numerical form (only 0-9, +, - and decimal point chars are accepted) so you will have to parse the values returned in standard nagios plugin format and strip any literal chaacters outside the above mentioned set. After that, when you define your graphs you may convert them and add UOM in the graph label.