creating an smnp graph/report  combing 3 different devices output??
me2
2012-04-12 19:34:41 UTC
me2 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/me2] created the discussion

"creating an smnp graph/report combing 3 different devices output??"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65854#65854

Hi folks,

I am very much an snmp noob. I have setup zenoss core and have 3 identical devices at one location being monitored exactly the same.
Each has 2 graphs.........
1............monitors tcp currently established sessions via a gauge
1............monitors a specific process through a derive

Might there be a way to create an additinal graph or report with numbers in it that provides an average across all 3 devices ??
A Zenoss report/numerical report would be fine.

I am looking to create a report to anticipate needed capacity or track growth.

A numerical report would be fine...it would for example poll device1, then device2, then device 3............add the 3 together and divide by three and dump the output into a report. I am also looking to have a weekly report apend the output to the prior weeks so someone can track increased capacity. I could do this last part manually if I had to.

Am I making sense? lol If not someone please set me straight.

A very satisfied customer of zenoss core.

Jay

also I am using v3.2.1 on centos

~fire away with any questions~

2012-04-12 19:36:25 UTC

"Re: creating an smnp graph/report combing 3 different devices output??"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65843#65843

Check out the Forumla Zenpack but realize there is a scaliblity limit.

me2
2012-04-12 20:05:21 UTC
me2 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/me2] created the discussion

"Re: creating an smnp graph/report combing 3 different devices output??"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65855#65855

I found the zenpack u r referencing and will look at it tonight.

Thank you very much!

Jay