Dashboard Device Portlet changed since 2.x?
Falk
2011-12-12 10:44:38 UTC
Falk [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Falk] created the discussion

"Dashboard Device Portlet changed since 2.x?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63215#63215

Has the Device portlet changed since 2.x.
In our old installation the alert was changed to another color when it was acknowledged.

But this isn't happening in 3.2.1 (first 3.x for us)

It is a change of how we should handle things, or is it a bug?

We usually acknowledged the problem when someone is working on it.
And Support sees that it is being worked on.

But now we cant do that anymore..

Ideas, suggestions or just rants of how we work is welcomed :)

--
Regards Falk

2011-12-12 13:58:00 UTC

"Re: Dashboard Device Portlet changed since 2.x?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63197#63197

I don't use the device portlet much, but AFAICT, it doesn't change the event color there... It does add a check mark in the event views...

Falk
2011-12-12 15:29:16 UTC
Falk [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Falk] created the discussion

"Re: Dashboard Device Portlet changed since 2.x?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63218#63218

We have two "noc" screens where Support and 2nd line support that manages our infrastructure.
Before we used the dashboard on those screens. But now I don't know what view we should use.

Any ideas?

--
Regards Falk

2011-12-12 17:11:05 UTC

"Re: Dashboard Device Portlet changed since 2.x?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63227#63227

You could use the events view... This will show all open events, and you can filter as desired...

BubbiBjQrn
2011-12-15 08:19:18 UTC
BubbiBjQrn [http://community.zenoss.org/people/BubbiBjQrn] created the discussion

"Re: Dashboard Device Portlet changed since 2.x?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63263#63263

We also have the problem we use the dashboard in our NOC but now when we ack and event under event console we dont get the color change on our dashboard.

hope someone can help us to get the function back.

2011-12-15 13:59:07 UTC

"Re: Dashboard Device Portlet changed since 2.x?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63293#63293

I don't think it's a config option, you'll either have to submit a feature request and wait or get it coded somehow...