Zenoss 3.2.0 graphs width >500 not possible
MD11
2011-10-20 08:02:12 UTC
MD11 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/MD11] created the discussion

"Zenoss 3.2.0 graphs width >500 not possible"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62025#62025

Hello Zenoss Users,

We are testing Zenoss to clear redeem our monitoring solution (IBM Tivoli) with Zenoss. Therefore we have installed the zenoss community stack to test if this monitoring solution is what we are looking for. I have to admint that zenoss realy rocks and has a handfull of features implemented which are killer features like jmx monitoring of tomcats. But the is also a flipside of zenoss which is a problem with the graphs. We want to have graphs in a size of 200 x 800, but this is not possible in the current stack installation. All graphs in the Device Class are only shown in ** x 500 pixels.

Is there a patch to fix this problem?

regards,
Markus

Shane Scott
2011-10-20 19:01:33 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 3.2.0 graphs width >500 not possible"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62019#62019

MD11:

It's true, the max is 500px for now. I've looked for a simple work around and there is not one. It is possible, but it does involve patching files directly. If you don't mind patching files I can help you increase the limit.

Best,

--Shane W. Scott(Hackman238)
  ZCA - http://community.zenoss.org/community/zca/blog http://community.zenoss.org/community/zca/blog

MD11
2011-10-21 05:20:24 UTC
MD11 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/MD11] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 3.2.0 graphs width >500 not possible"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62038#62038

Hey Shane,

Thanks for you fast reply. I wouldnÂŽt mind. to patch some files directly if you tell me whiche (to make backup files) and what have to be patched. The only question remaining is if it is possible to update the stack installation if necessary. WouldnÂŽt mind. to patch the files again after an update until this is fiexed in one upcoming release.

regards,
Markus

Luis Alfredo Barbosa
2011-10-21 09:59:47 UTC
Luis Alfredo Barbosa [http://community.zenoss.org/people/labcc] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 3.2.0 graphs width >500 not possible"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62063#62063

I opened the ticket #7877

MD11
2012-01-19 10:50:43 UTC
MD11 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/MD11] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 3.2.0 graphs width >500 not possible"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63769#63769

Hey Luis,
there seems to be a fix in the ticket you mentioned. Thanks for your help.

Hier ist the link to the ticket. http://dev.zenoss.org/trac/ticket/7877 http://dev.zenoss.org/trac/ticket/7877

Cheers,
Markus